SASS is hiring!
Bilingual Rural Advocate
Position Summary: The Bilingual Rural Advocate is responsible for providing outreach to rural communities, crisis intervention, advocacy, and support for both Spanish- and English-speaking survivors of sexual violence with an emphasis on those in rural communities. Click here for the full position description.
Hours: 36 hours per week, including occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
Compensation: $14 – $15/hour DOE; medical, dental and life insurance; generous paid leave.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- cover letter
- answers to the following questions (please limit your responses to 3 pages total):
- Why do you want to work at Sexual Assault Support Services?
- Please review the job description and describe your relevant experience and qualifications.
- What do you believe are the underlying causes of sexual violence and how can sexual violence be prevented?
- What are some additional challenges/barriers faced by survivors from rural communities, communities of color, and/or marginalized communities?
*Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend SASS’ next volunteer training, which begins on Monday, October 6th. For more information, visit http://sass-lane.org/fall-volunteer-training-starts-oct-6th/
Consideration of applications will begin on Monday, October 6th.