Volunteer & Internship Opportunities:
Advocating for survivors of sexual assault through SASS requires an intensive 40 hour training. These trainings are held over three weeks each February and October in the evenings and all day Saturdays. We ask that volunteers commit to at least 9 months of service. You’ll find the application here.
Resume submissions for SASS internships are accepted January through April for the following school year. SASS interns are required to have previous relative experience and commit to serve SASS for one full school year. Email email@example.com for further inquiry.
SASS Volunteer Program: for people who want to make a difference.
It is about:
- offering crisis-response and long-term support to survivors of sexual assault and abuse—of all genders and orientations, as well as their partners, friends and families
- dedication to empowerment, self-determination, cooperation, equitable access to resources and services, the right to reproductive choice, and recognizing and resisting oppression, discrimination and abuses of power
- the movement to end sexual violence and the right of all people to live free from the fear of violence
SASS Volunteers Contribute by:
- Providing peer support to clients
- Answering the crisis line
- Leading a support group
- Staffing information booths
- Coordinating events
- Providing legal/medical advocacy
- Staffing the office
- Serving on the Board of Directors
- Facilitating presentations to community groups and students