Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Advocating for survivors of sexual assault through SASS begins with an intensive 40 hour in-person training. These sessions are held twice yearly. For more information about volunteer opportunities, upcoming sessions and to fill out an application of inquiry please click here.
There are currently no internships open. For questions about internships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SASS Volunteer Program: for people who want to make a difference.
SASS volunteers make a difference by:
- offering crisis-response and support to sexual violence survivors of all genders, as well as their partners, friends, and families.
- their dedication to empowerment, self-determination, cooperation, equitable access to resources and services, the right to reproductive choice, and recognizing and resisting oppression, discrimination, and abuses of power.
- being part of the movement to end sexual violence and the ensure the right of all people to live free from the fear of violence.
SASS volunteers contribute by:
- Providing peer support to clients
- Answering the crisis line
- Leading support groups
- Staffing information booths
- Coordinating events
- Providing legal/medical advocacy
- Serving on the Board of Directors
- Facilitating presentations to community groups and students