Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Advocating for survivors of sexual assault through SASS begins with an intensive 40 hour in-person training. These sessions are held twice yearly. For more information about volunteer opportunities, upcoming sessions and to fill out an application of inquiry please click here.
There are currently no internships open.
SASS Volunteer Program: for people who want to make a difference.
It is about:
- offering crisis-response and long-term support to survivors of sexual assault and abuse of all genders and orientations, as well as their partners, friends and families
- dedication to empowerment, self-determination, cooperation, equitable access to resources and services, the right to reproductive choice, and recognizing and resisting oppression, discrimination and abuses of power
- the movement to end sexual violence and the right of all people to live free from the fear of violence
SASS volunteers contribute by:
- Providing peer support to clients
- Answering the crisis line
- Leading support groups
- Staffing information booths
- Coordinating events
- Providing legal/medical advocacy
- Serving on the Board of Directors
- Facilitating presentations to community groups and students